Comment on page
Locking a Course Website
Please note that while the user interface has been added for this feature, it is not fully impletemented. Locking a course website will not have an impact on users' abilities to edit course websites for previous curriculum versions.
If you wish to prevent further changes to a course website community, you can optionally lock the community from Admin > Manage Communities.
Accessing the Lock option from Admin > Manage Communities
This tool is only available from Admin > Manage Communities, not from the Manage Community sidebar. As such, only users with administrative access can lock a community. This prevents users who are administrators of a community (like faculty), but NOT administrative staff, from locking/unlocking course websites.
- Navigate to Admin > Manage Communities.
- Search for the course website you want to lock.
- From the menu cog on the right hand side, click Lock.
- After a course website is locked it will display with a lock beside the title.
- You can unlock a course website at any time by following the same steps as above, but clicking unlock.