Preparing for a New Academic Year
Preparing for a new academic year will depend on how your organization currently uses Elentra, but the following check-list may help you organize your tasks.
- New Curriculum Period
- New Cohort/Class List
- New Photos
- New Course Enrolment
- Copy Curriculum Tags
- Create Units (no copy function at present)
- Create/Copy Course Groups
- Copy/Update Gradebook
- Configure Logbook (as needed)
- Course Website
- Create a draft schedule and copy events forward as appropriate
- Update content
- Update event details via CSV
- Update event resources after draft schedule has been published
- Create new Rotation Schedules
- Copy existing rotations as appropriate
- Copy and update forms as needed
- Copy and update distributions as needed
- Exams - Clarify whether you will need to create new exams or whether identical exams will be used in the upcoming year
Curriculum tag changes vary from year to year at different institutions. Some times curriculum tags are being retired and others are being introduced, sometimes one tag is replacing another tag, sometimes the coding of tags is being updated, etc.
There is no find and replace option in Elentra when working with curriculum tags. If your organization had Tag 1 and has decided to retire it but replace it with Tag 7 in all places where Tag 1 was mapped you would need to do this manually (or request help from your local developer).
There is currently no copy function for the lotteries module so you will need to rebuild your lottery for a new school year.
- Assessment Plans