After your Elentra installation is active, you'll need to configure some system settings before using other modules and features of the platform. Users with the group:role of medtech:admin or staff:admin will be able to access Admin > System Settings. Here you'll be able to configure things like assessment types, event types, location management, grading scales, and departments. Generally this is content that will remain consistent across an entire organization and will not frequently change.
Note that these system settings are at the organization level in Elentra so you can have different system settings for different organizations running on the same installation of Elentre (e.g., undergraduate and graduate medical education).
Which system settings you configure really depends on how your organization will be using Elentra. See the list below for some quick start ideas.
- If you want to add users: configure departments (optional) and build cohorts before importing users
- If you want to create courses: build curriculum layout and periods in Admin > Manage Curriculum
- If you want to schedule learning events: configure learning event types and locations (you'll need courses via Admin>Manage Courses and for rotation scheduling you'll also need to build blocks in the relevant curriculum period but that is done in Admin > Manage Curriculum)
- If you want to input grades: configure assessment types (you'll need to configure curriculum layout and periods, and build courses as well but that will be completed elsewhere)
- If you want to report using the curriculum inventory: configure assessment and learning event types, and curriculum layout and periods (you'll also need courses, events, and gradebooks setup but those are managed elsewhere)
Instructions for managing some system settings are included here. Other instructions are included with their related module. See a sample list of system settings below.