This feature is designed to allow administrative staff to provide documents to learners. Unlike the 'handback response' feature for a dropbox assignment, with document delivery the learner does not have to submit a file in order to receive something back.
At present you must individually upload documents for learners.
Sample folder added to Document Delivery in a course gradebook.
- Navigate to Admin > Manage Courses.
- Search for the course you want to work with and from the cog icon on the right, select 'Gradebook'.
- On the lower half of the screen, look for Document Delivery and click 'Add New Folder'.
- Provide a folder name and set the access start and end date as needed.
- Click 'Save'.
- The newly created folder will display on the screen.
- To edit a folder, click on the pencil icon to the right of the folder name.
Once a folder has been created you can upload documents for learners.
Sample documents uploaded for a learner
- Navigate to the graebook for a course.
- Click on a folder name in the Document Delivery section.
- You will see a list of all learners for the applicable cperiod.
- Click the 'Add Document' button beside a learner's name to add a document.
- You will be prompted to select a file from your computer.
- After you have uploaded the document, the filename will display on the screen along with the date and time it was uploaded.
- Note that you can upload more than one document per learner.
- Supported documents include PDFs, .doc and.jpeg files.
- To delete a document click the garbage icon beside the file name.
Learner view of documents via My Gradebook
- Navigate to My Gradebook.
- Click on a course title.
- Learners will see a Document Folder section, and beneath that the names of any folders created for that course.
- Within each collapsible folder, learners can view the documents available to them. (In the image above, the second two folders are collapsed.)
- Click on a file name to access the file. The icon to the right of the file shows the file type.
- Please note that if a folder has no document uploaded for a learner, the folder will not display to the learner.