Elentra uses the word event to describe any scheduled time in an organization's calendar. Events can be learning oriented and include lectures, labs, clinical experiences, independent reading time, etc. or can represent other activities including lunch, paperwork collection, clubs, committee meetings, etc. The types of events included in a calendar are up to an organization.
Scheduling events is accomplished through the Manage Events tab and is available to users with group and role permissions of medtech:admin, staff:admin, and staff:pcoor (staff:pcoor can only manage events for their associated courses). Faculty users assigned as course or program directors can view and edit events within their own course(s), however, they cannot schedule events through the user interface.
Some notable features of scheduling events with Elentra include:
- the ability to import CSV files to create new schedules,
- the ability to copy existing events into a new draft schedule (including mapped curriculum tags, event descriptions and instructions, event resources, etc.),
- the ability to easily create recurring events,
- the ability to create parent child links between repeated recurring events (e.g., 10 small groups all doing the same thing) to create accurate reports about event types and durations across a course, and
- the ability to group events in a unit within a course.
Once scheduled events exist they can contain detailed information including affiliated faculty, learners, curriculum tags, locations, resources, instructions, etc. Further information about managing the content of events and features like attendance tracking, history, and statistics is available here.