Elentra Exams allows users to create and store a variety of assessment items (e.g., multiple choice items, essay questions, matching items, etc.), import existing assessment items (from text documents or ExamSoft), create and post exams, have learners complete exams in a secure online environment, allow faculty to grade exam questions, and report on exam results.
At a high level, Exams allows you to:
- Create a bank of exam items that can be assigned curriculum tags
- Group items together into exams (items can be used on multiple exams) and define points for each item
- Configure settings for an exam including randomization of questions, and the format of question delivery (e.g., one question per page)
- Deliver an exam to learners by posting it to a learning event
- When creating an exam post you can further define things like the time limit for an exam, availability of tools like a calculator and self-timer for learners to access, set learner accommodations, set security options, configure how you'll release scores and feedback to learners, etc.
- Add graders to an exam post so they can grade short answer and essay questions
- Link an exam to a gradebook assessment so a course gradebook is automatically populated once an exam is complete\
Most faculty and staff users can access Exams by navigating to Admin > Manage Exams. Faculty have read access to all items, but writing questions is limited to faculty directors, staff:admin and staff:pcoor users. Note that only users with medtech:admin permissions can migrate questions from another exam software tool.
There is an account option to allow for a student user to be a 'Student Admin.' This allows for a student to access Manage Exams, but they only have access to question folders where they have permission as a folder author. To set up a student as a Student Admin, navigate to Admin>Manage Users, select the user, and in the Account Options section, set the Student Admin field to 'Yes'.
From the Exam Dashboard, users will see recent exams to which they have access, and any exams to grade (click on either tab to switch screens). Recent Exams will show exams from the previous 30 days. Access Questions or Exams from the Manage Exams card on the left sidebar.