CBME Program Dashboard
The program level dashboard leverages the updated assessment plan builder to provide an overview of resident progress towards meeting the plan. From within one interface, Program Directors, Program Administrators, and Academic Advisors (only assigned learners) are able to see all of the learners in their program and their progress towards meeting the plan requirements. There is currently no learner-facing side of this dashboard.
IMPORTANT PREREQUISITE: Assessment Plan Builder
In order to leverage the program-level dashboard, your program must have assessment plans entered in Elentra. Please visit the Assessment Plan Builder lesson for more information.
A view of the CBME Program Dashboard
Once you have entered your assessment plan requirements into the Assessment Plan Builder, the dashboard will populate the EPA counters.
- Log in to Elentra as an administrator (e.g. program administrator, course director).
- At the top right, click on the "Assessment & Evaluation" icon beside your name.
- Click on the "My Learners" tab to view the CBME Program Dashboard.
Multiple tabs provide different progress information (EPAs, Stages, Program Stats). An advanced filter set allows programs to filter the information on each page. These filters persist across tabs.
There are currently three tabs within the Program Dashboard. See the screenshots below for examples.
- 1.Assessments By EPA: Visualizes each learner's progress towards meeting the assessment plans organized by EPA. You can view all learners in one interface.
- 2.Stage Completion Status: Visualizes each learners progress towards meeting all EPAs within a stage. You can view all learners in one interface.
- 3.Program Stats: Currently includes a bar graph depicting how many assessments have been completed on each resident, highlighting the proportion that meet the plans.
Click on the information icon in the top right of an EPA tile to view a residents progress to date in terms of fulfilling the contextual variable and other requirements as defined by the Assessment Plan. Some samples views are posted below.
Note that while requirements are incomplete, you can toggle between viewing all requirements or remaining requirements only.
Viewing all Requirements
Viewing Remaining Requirements
- Select the curriculum period that you wish to view enrolment for. This is typically the current academic year.
- If you have access to more than one program, you can toggle between them using this dropdown menu.
- Search learner names using free-text search.
- You are able to sort the learner list by:
- 1.Learner name ("Sort by Name")
- 2.Progress towards meeting the plan ("Sort by Progress")
- 3.Total number of assessments ("Sort by Total Assessments")
- Choose to sort the learner list in ascending or descending order.
- Filter the learner list by Post-Graduate Year (PGY) level. You may select more than one PGY.
- Filter the EPA list by Royal College Stages. You may select more than one stage.
- Filter the EPA list. You may select more than one EPA.
Overall Total: Total number of assessments completed on the learner for EPAs that have an assessment plan entered.
EPA Total: The number directly beneath the EPA Code is the total number of assessments that have been completed on that EPA for that learner, regardless of whether or not they met the assessment plan requirements.
Requirements Total: The fraction indicates how many completed assessments met the assessment plan over how many assessments are required.
- Red: No Progress. Indicates that the learner is in that stage, but:
- has not been assessed on that EPA, OR
- has been assessed but none of the assessments meet plan requirements
- Yellow: In Progress < 50%. Indicates that the learner has been assessed on the EPA, but is currently meeting less than 50% of the requirements
- Blue: In Progress > 50%. Indicates that the learner has been assessed on the EPA and is meeting more than 50% of the requirements
- Green: Achieved. Indicates that the learner has been assessed on the EPA and is currently meeting the defined assessment plan numbers; however, the progress still needs to be reviewed and approved by the competence committee.
- Green: Approved (with checkmark). Indicates that the EPA has been reviewed and approved at the competence committee level.
- Grey: All EPAs that are not in the learner's current stage will appear grey, even if they have assessments that count towards the assessment plan.
The assessment plan builder allows you to specify minimum requirements for assessment forms on a per-EPA basis. When you enter an assessment plan, you enter the following information for each form or group of combined forms:
- 1.Minimum number of assessments, with a global assessment rating equal to or high than an indicated value
- 2.Minimum number of unique assessors
- 3.Contextual variable requirements, including a defined number of required responses (or a range of responses), such as a certain number of presentations or complexities
These values are then combined in the system to create the total number of required assessments. It is possible for a learner to have the correct number of required assessments for the global assessment rating without achieving the plan due to not meeting the contextual variable or unique assessor requirements.
For example, if the learner needs 5 assessments at "meets expectations" or above, in addition to being assessed on 5 different clinical presentations, the dashboard will only count the first instance of "acute injury" that "meets expectations", and will only count other clinical presentations towards the total after that. Any additional 'acute injuries' that 'meet expectations' will not be counted, since the learner still needs to be assessed on 4 more unique clinical presentations.