Comment on page
Location Management allows organisations to maintain a list of the sites, buildings and rooms relevant to their institution. In this context, site could refer to an institution, organization, or governing body. Site is the top tier of the location management system; within a site you can add buildings, and within a building you can add rooms. You can also add a phone number for the contact person at the site. Some examples are provided below.
- Site: University/College Name, Hospital Name
- Building(s): New Medical Building, Abramsky Hall, Student Athletic Centre
- Room(s): 201A, 201B, 430, 431, The Caldwell Room
- Phone Number: (123) 456 - 7890
Using the locations feature is useful if you plan to schedule clinical rotations or learning events in Elentra. Rotations and their corresponding blocks/slots can be assigned to sites, and learning events can be assigned a site, building and room. The building and room code will be displayed to event attendees so make sure the short codes you use are logical.
Note that the building and room code display under Location
Location Management can be turned on or off using a database setting (sites_enabled).
Only medtech:admin users have access to Locations in System Settings.
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- If you have access to multiple organisations, click on the name of the organisation you want to manage locations for.
- Click 'Location Management' from the left sidebar.
- From the Location Management screen click 'Add New Site'.
- Provide the required information noting the following: Site Code: The site code will display with the name on dropdown menus when you are assigning a site (e.g., in a learning event or rotation). Province/State: This option will only be available after you have selected a country.
- Click 'Save' and you will see your new site displayed on the existing list of sites.
- Please note that the sites will be listed in the order they were added to the system. There is currently no user interface to reorder the list of sites.
- To edit an existing site, click on the gear icon to the right of the site name.
- To delete an existing site, click the checkbox beside the site from the Location Management screen. This will cause a delete button to appear in the top right. Click 'Delete Selected' and confirm your choice.
- From the Location Management screen click on an existing site.
- Click 'Add New Building'.
- Complete the required information noting the following:
- Building Name: Required. This will display on learning events scheduled in courses.
- Building Code: Required. This will display on bookings made in Clinical Experiences > Rotation Schedule.
- Address Line 1: Required
- Address Line 2
- Building Radius (meters): This is used in the attendance geo-location feature. It helps dictate how close to a building's latitude and longitude coordinates a learner's device must be when they confirm their attendance at an event.
- Building Latitude: This is used in the attendance geo-location feature.
- Building Longitude: This is used in the attendance geo-location feature.
- City, Country, and Province/Staes: These will default to the same information as the site but you can change it as needed.
- Postcode: Required
- Phone Number
- Click 'Save' and you will see the new building added to the list of existing buildings.
- Please note, the buildings will be listed in the order they were added to the system. There is currently no user interface to reorder the list of buildings.
- To edit existing buildings, click on the gear icon to the right of the building name.
- To delete existing buildings, click the checkbox beside the building name from the list of buildings. This will cause a delete button to appear. Click 'Delete Selected' and confirm your choice.
- From the Location Management screen, click on an existing site.
- Click on an existing building.
- Click 'Add Room'.
- Provide the required information noting the following: Floor: This is an optional field to record the floor a room is on. Room Number (Required): Store the room number here. It will show on learning events assuming no room name exists. Room Name: This field is optional. If it is filled in it will show, instead of the room number, on learning events. Room Description: This is an optional field to collect information. Users will not see this information. Room Phone Number: This is an optional field to collect information. Users will not see this information. Room Resources: This allows you to provide information about the resources in a room. The default list includes projector, television, computer, and capture. Capture is used when you are using Elentra's lecture capture tool.
- If you select 'Capture', you'll be prompted to enter the following information. The examples included assume you are using NCast.
Room Max Occupancy: This is an optional field to collect information. Users will not see this information.
- Device Name: This corresponds to the code in your NCast recorder manual that is specified for that model. For example, on an M4 recorder this value should be “M4”, whereas on a Hydra model, this code should be “PR720”.
- Device Address: This is the IP or hostname of the NCast device on your network.
- Channel: This is the number of the Channel to be used from NCast device’s configuration. Most devices have a limited range available, usually 1 - 100.
- Stream Prefix: This is the named string of characters that all videos from this Room will be tagged with. For example, “surgery” or “pediatrics”.
- Click 'Save' and your new room will appear on the Rooms list.
- Please note that rooms will be listed in the order they were added to the system. There is currently no user interface to reorder the list of rooms.
- To edit existing rooms, click on the gear icon to the right of the room name.
- To delete existing rooms, click the checkbox beside the room name. This will cause a delete button to appear in the top right. Click 'Delete Selected' and confirm your choice.
Viewing Rooms and Room Schedule Feed icon
Room Schedule Feed Modal
To the right of any room you will see a calendar icon. This gives you access to a Room Schedule Feed you can copy and add to another calendar. If you also use Capture as a room resource, you will additionally see a Recording Schedule Feed. This provides a link to an .ICS calendar schedule file to be copied. You will need the URL to this .ICS file when configuring your NCast server, which will point to the schedule so that it knows when to start and stop recording.\