New in ME 1.25!
- Ability for course administrators to add comments on a grade spreadsheet.
- Ability to use learner email address when importing assessment grades via a csv.
Sample course gradebook
Gradebook is an Elentra module that allows the management of all assessments and learner grades within a course/program. It has multiple capabilities including:
- Recording grades and making them visible to learners and some faculty (e.g., course directors)
- Supporting multiple marking schemes including percentages, numerical grades (e.g., 7/10), complete/incomplete, pass/fail, and custom grading scale
- Allowing an organization to have multiple grading scales as needed
- Importing and exporting student grades
- Linking assessments built through Elentra's quiz and exam module to a gradebook for easy transfer of grades
- Allowing electronic submission of assignments through a drop box
- Attaching grading forms (built in Assessment and Evaluation) to gradebook assessments so faculty can grade assessments inline and provide feedback to learners
- Notifying a designated person if a learner grade is below a specific threshold
- Creating dashboard notices for learners re: upcoming assignments (this applies specifically to assessments with drop box assignments added)
- Allowing administrators to record comments about grades (e.g., late, excused absence, etc.)
- Using weighted collections in a gradebook to easily distribute weights of assessments within a collection (e.g., quizzes)
- Providing documents to learners through the gradebook (Document Delivery) without the learner having submitted anything
Multiple database setting options can be configured for a Course Gradebook.
Allow a portfolio to be linked to a gradebook assessment.
Allow comments made on a portfolio artifact to be accessed when grading a portfolio attached to a gradebook assessment.
Allows for all portfolio artifacts to be accessed when grading a portfolio attached to a gradebook assessment.
This changes the possible actions in the portfolio but the impact is in the gradebook. Allows learners to define which artifacts will be available when a portfolio is attached to a gradebook assessment.
This changes the possible actions in the portfolio but the impact is in the gradebook. Allows portfolio advisors to define which artifacts will be available when a portfolio is attached to a gradebook assessment.
Enable this setting to allow gradebook administrators to create a folder in a gradebook to provide files to learners (e.g. results from an external exam).
Add a value here to be applied in the Student Report Card report (System Report > Learner Reports > Student Report Card)
Used to allow learners to see due dates on their dashboard calendar for any gradebook assessments that include a drop box assignment.
Allows you to manually enter an adjusted overall grade for a course gradebook. Useful when assessment policies require that a learner pass an ungraded course component to pass a course, regardless of their calculated grade. (New in ME 1.21)
Allows increased control of how assessment forms used in conjunction with course gradebook assessments can be displayed to learners. Choose to have the option to show only the ungraded form, the graded form, both, or none. (New in ME 1.21)
Enable this option if you want to be able to enter grades over 100% for course gradebook assessments.
gradebook_include_ungraded_assessments (New in ME 1.21)
Controls whether the admin. view of a course gradebook ignores unentered grades or counts them as zero. Enabled by default.