Comment on page
Assessment Types and Characteristics
Assessment characteristics should be configured if you plan to use course gradebooks. Within a gradebook you will need to define the assessment characteristic for each assessment added. Each assessment type has different extended options for recording data (e.g. the type of included questions for quizzes and exams, or whether to track late submissions for papers and projects).
Assessment characteristics viewed when using a course gradebook
Elentra comes with a set of assessment types. These include assessment, exam, paper, presentation, project, quiz, RAT, rating, and reflection. Within each assessment type you can further specify assessment characteristics (e.g. oral exam, written exam, OSCE). While there is no user interface to change the list of assessment types, the assessment characteristics list is completely configurable through the user interface. Assessment characteristics can also be mapped to MedBiquitous Assessment Methods if required by an organisation. Whatever is created as an assessment characteristic can later be applied to the assessments listed in a course gradebook (see image above).
- Navigate to Admin>System Settings.
- Click the name of the organisation for which you want to manage assessment characteristics.
- Click 'Assessment Types' from the left sidebar. A list of existing assessment characteristics grouped by assessment type will be displayed.
- Click 'Add Characteristic' to add a new assessment characteristic.
- Complete the required fields. The description is optional and is not often seen in other parts of Elentra. (It's possible that in the future if you mouseover an assessment characteristic you'll see its definition but that is not a current feature.)
- Click 'Save'.
- The newly added assessment characteristic will now appear on the Assessment Types list.
- To modify an existing assessment characteristic click on it.
- Edit it as needed and click 'Save'.
- To delete existing assessment characteristics click the checkbox beside the characteristic you wish to delete.
- Click 'Delete Selected'.
- Confirm your choice.
- You will be returned to the list of Assessment Types.