Comment on page
Learning Event Schedule Distributions
A distribution based on a learning event schedule allows you to schedule forms to be sent out where the targets of the distribution are the attendees of the event OR faculty who taught the event OR a specific event within the selected event type.
- Navigate to Admin>Assessment and Evaluation.
- Click 'Distributions' above the Assessment and Evaluation heading.
- Click 'Add New Distribution'.
- Distribution Title: Provide a title. This will display on the list of Distributions that curriculum coordinators and program coordinators can view.
- Distribution Description: Description is optional.
- Task Type: Hover over the question mark for more detail about how Elentra qualifies assessments versus evaluations. If a distribution is to assess learners, it's an assessment. If it is to evaluate courses, faculty, learning events, etc. it is an evaluation. Notice that the language on Step 4 will change if you switch your task type. The task type will also dictate other fields available throughout the wizard.
- Disable Target Release: This will only display for Evaluations. If you do not want evaluators to be able to release the form to the target upon completion, check this box. If left unchecked, evaluators will be able to release the form to the target upon completion.Assessment/Evaluation Mandatory: This will be checked off be default.Disable Reminders: Check this box to exclude this distribution from reminder notification emails.
- Assessment/Evaluation Mandatory: This will be checked off by default. Mandatory tasks can't be deleted by assessors/evaluators.
- Disable Initial Task Email: Introduced in ME 1.26 this option allows administrative users to opt-out of having Elentra sent initial task email notifications to assessors/evaluators. (Applies to non-delegation based distributions).
- Select Form: The form you want to distribute must already exist; pick the appropriate form.
- Select a Curriculum Period: The curriculum period you select will impact the list of available learners and associated faculty.
- Select a Course: The course you select will impact the list of available learners and associated faculty.
- Click 'Next Step'
- Distribution Method: Select 'Learning Event Schedule' from the dropdown menu.
- Select Event Type: Select the appropriate event type(s) from the dropdown menu. You can select multiple event types as needed.
- Release Date: This tells the system how far back on the calendar to go when creating tasks. Hover over the question mark for more detail.
- Task Expiry: If you check this box, the tasks generated by the distribution will automatically expire (i.e. disappear from the assessors task list and no longer be available to complete). You can customize when the task will expire in terms of days and hours after the delivery.
- Warning Notification: If you choose to use the Task Expiry option, you'll also be able to turn on a warning notification if desired. This can be set up to send an email a specific number of days and hours before the task expires.
- Delay Task Creation: This option relates specifically to creating a summary assessment task distribution. This allows you to create a distribution that will pull in and display completed tasks from other distributions. In effect, the assessor of the distribution you create will be able to see items from previously completed tasks and take them into account when completing their own task.
- Select a distribution (note that you will only see distributions to which you have access).
- Define how many tasks must be completed in the linked distribution(s) before the new distribution will take effect.
- Enter a fallback date. This date represents when your distribution will create tasks whether or not the minimum number of tasks have been completed in the linked distribution.
- You can adjust the fallback date on the fly and the distribution will adjust accordingly to only generate tasks as appropriate (previously created tasks will still remain).
- If you set a fallback date that falls before the release date, the fallback date will be ignored.
The target is who or what the form is about.
If you are creating an Evaluation:
- Evaluations delivered for:
- Faculty who taught events with the selected event types (this will generate an evaluation for any faculty member who taught the event type specified in the Method section, e.g. lecture, lab, etc.)
- Events with the selected event types (this will generate an evaluation for any event of the event type specified in the Method section)
- Target Attempt Options: Specify how many times an evaluator can evaluate each target, OR whether the evaluator can select which targets to assess and complete a specific number (e.g. evaluator will be sent a list of 20 targets, they have to complete at least 10 and no more than 15 evaluations but can select which targets they evaluate).
- If you select the latter, you can define whether the evaluator can evaluate the same target multiple times. Check off the box if they can.
- Click 'Next Step'
If you are creating an Assessment:
- Assessments delivered for: Currently, the only option here is attendees who are enrolled in events with the specified event type.
- Target Attempt Options: Specify how many times an assessor can assess each target, OR whether the assessor can select which targets to assess and complete a specific number (e.g. assessor will be sent a list of 20 targets, they have to complete at least 10 and no more than 15 assessments but can select which targets they assess).
- If you select the latter, you can define whether the assessor can assess the same target multiple times. Check off the box if they can.
- Click 'Next Step'
The assessors/evaluators are the people who will complete the form.
- Assessor Options
- Assessors/evaluators are attendees enrolled in the event
- Attendee Options (note that you must be using Elentra's attendance module within events to use this feature)
- Send to all enrolled audience attendees that attended the event
- Sent to all enrolled attendees, even if they did not attend
- Send this assessment to a percentage of enrolled attendees that attended the event
- You supply the percentage; this option will randomly select the appropriate number of attendees and send them tasks. You'll be able to see which users have been sent the task after the distribution is saved.
- Note: If you use this option and individual tasks are deleted (by a user or by an administrator), new tasks will generate in order to meet the required percentage. This can occur even if the task is deleted long after the relevant event. As such, you may consider using an expiry date when selecting to send tasks to a percentage of attendees.
- Assessors/evaluators are faculty members associated with the event
- This will send the distribution to the faculty listed on the event (e.g. teacher, tutor, etc.)
- Assessors/evaluators are external to the installation of Elentra
- This allows you to add external assessors/evaluators to a distribution
- Begin to type an name or email, if the user already exists you'll see them displayed in the dropdown menu. To create a new external user, scroll to the bottom of the list and click 'Add External Assessor/Evaluator'
- Provide first and last name, and email address for the external assessor and click 'Add Assessor/Evaluator'
- Give access to the results of previous assessments: This relates to Elentra's ability to provide a summary assessment task to users. If enabled, tasks generated by this distribution will link to tasks completed in the listed distributions. When users complete the summary assessment task they will be able to view tasks completed in the other distributions. For any items that are used on both forms, results from previously completed tasks will be aggregated for the assessor to view.
- Click to add the relevant distribution(s).
- Currently for learning event based distributions there is no option to configure minimum tasks completed on linked distributions nor a fallback date for the summary assessment task.
- Click 'Next Step'
You can immediately save your distribution at this point and it will generate the required tasks, but there is additional setup you can configure if desired. (Not all options will display depending on the other parameters of the distribution.)
- Authorship: This allows you to add individual authors, or set the distribution to be accessible to everyone with A+E access in a course or organization. (This may be useful if you have multiple users who manage distributions or frequent staffing changes.)
- Target Release: These options allow you to specify whether the targets of the distribution can see the results of completed forms.
- Task List Release:
- "Targets can view tasks completed on them after meeting the following criteria" can be useful to promote completion of tasks and is often used in the context of peer assessments. Targets will only see tasks completed on them after they have completed the minimum percentage of their tasks set by you.
- Target Self-Reporting Release: This controls whether targets can run reports for this distribution (i.e. to generate an aggregated report of all responses). When users access their own A+E they will see a My Reports button. This will allow them to access any reports available to them.
- Target Self-Reporting Options: This allows you to specify whether or not comments included in reports are anonymous or identifiable. (This will only be applied if you have set reports to be accessible to the targets.)
- Reviewers: This allows you to set up a reviewer to view completed tasks before they are released to the target (e.g. a staff person might review peer feedback before it is shared with the learner).
- Check off the box to enable a reviewer.
- Click Browse Reviewers and select a name from the list. Note that this list will be generated based on the course contacts (e.g. director, curriculum coordinator) stored on the course setup page.
- Notifications and Reminders:
- Prompted Responses: This allows you to define whom to send an email to whenever a prompted response is selected on a form used in the distribution. For example, if you have an item asking about student completion of a procedure and "I had to do it" was set as a prompted/flagged response, any time "I had to do it" is picked as an answer an email notification will be sent.
- You can optionally select to email Program Coordinators, Program/Course Directors, Academic Advisors, Curricular Coordinators, or you can add a Custom Reviewer. If you select to add a Custom Reviewer you can select their name from a searchable list of users.
- Sender Details: Define the email address that notifications and reminders will be sent from for a distribution.
- Options are the distribution author, an existing user, an existing generic email, or a new generic email.
- To create a new generic email provide a name and email address. This will be stored in the system and available to other users to use as needed.
- Click 'Save Distribution'.
Setting a Custom Reviewer